— What Dye Solar Cells Offer?
› Lowest embodied energy – avoid energy for production of wafers
› Really clean and green PV technology
› Readily available raw materials (even Ru)
› Performance improves in ‘normal’ solar conditions
› Delivers good kWh/Sqm (not Watt peak)
› Power ‘all day every day’
› Colours and transparency yield architectural advantage
› Gateway to tandem products – e.g. photoelectrochromics, DSC electronics, alternative applications (flexible), thermal gain.
Note: You can find our DSC Projects FAQs here.
DSC technology has the potential to turn buildings into electricity generation plants by replacing conventional glazing and building envelopes, opaque and transparent panels could generate electricity in any building. DSC is environmentally friendlier to manufacture than silicon-based panels, it mimics photosynthesis in plants to generate energy all day every day,
even in low light conditions.
Please click for our photo gallery
— June . 2009
- 19/06/09 - Substantial Order Received from Global 500® Company... more info
- 05/06/09 - Steel Products Another Step Closer... more info
— May . 2009
- 22/05/09 - International Collaboration for DSC Sensor Development... more info
- 05/05/09 - Opportunities for Dyesol in Low Carbon Society... more info
— Apr . 2009
- 16/04/09 - Global experts meet in Japan to advance industrialisation of Dye Solar Cells... more info
- 14/04/09 - Turkey positions for large-scale DSC manufacture... more info